Mike Souza will be retiring from Princeton University as of May 31, 2022, and Princeton will be closing it's glassblowing facility. Mike will be providing Princeton with a list of freelance glassblowers and companies that provide these services that can be used going forward. As of the end of April 2022, they will no longer be accepting new orders.
The Glassblowing Shop at Princeton University provides CCB with our scientific glassblowing needs. Mike Souza, a veteran laboratory glassblower who has more than 40 years of experience, is a renowned expert in his field and produces high quality repairs and custom creations at a discounted price for Rutgers employees.
- Glassware can be created to meet certain specifications in regards to temperature, pressure and optical transmission.
- The glassblowing shop has the capacity to work with all types of glass including quartz, borosilicate, aluminosilicate and soft glass.
- The facility is fully equipped with an oversize lathe, diamond saw, diamond wet grinder and torches.
Hours of operation: 8AM - 4PM; accommodations can be made for other times.
- Princeton will issue you a quote
- Please send the quote to your department administrator for processing
- Administrators, please process a requisition using the supplier “Trustees of Princeton University” and select the fulfillment center “p9884801 – Princeton University Dept of Chemistry, Frick Lab Princeton NJ 08544 US”
- Please drop-off/pickup your items at Princeton University, Jadwin Hall (Physics), Room 123